“As independent consultant, owner operator and GM of concepts like Cheesecake Factory I’ve opened many restaurants from fast causal to upscale dinner houses and seldom worked with anyone as creative and experienced as John. In the future JME will be at top of my list to take ideas and budget and “make it happen.”
Bill Goldblum -Owner
JME Hospitality is a leading hospitality design consultant.
Founded in 1989, JME Hospitality has designed more than 4,000 hospitality projects since our inception. Founder and President John Egnor shares a vision of aligning hospitality design and operations to help foodservice facility owners, operators, and development professionals maximize profitability and customer experience. Whether your space is 750 square feet or 75,000 square feet, we have worked with business owners to deliver customized solutions based on their needs.
Over the years, our work on notable projects has been featured in numerous publications. The breadth and depth of our teams’ design abilities is quantified by the fact that our projects are responsible for over $100 million worth of foodservice equipment annually.
JME Hospitality has extensive experience designing hospitality, foodservice, laundry and waste management spaces across a wide spectrum of industries. Our partners operate restaurants and other hospitality operations at:
- Healthcare institutions,
- Hotels and resorts,
- Casinos, gaming and racetrack destinations,
- Country clubs and golf courses,
- College and universities,
- K-12 schools,
- Life Plan (retirement) communities
Specializations & Associations
- Foodservice Institute of America (FIA)
- National Association of College & University Food Services (NACUFS)
- Healthcare Foodservice Management (HFM)
- American Association of Homes and services for the Aging (AAHSA)
- American Society for Healthcare Foodservice Administrators (ASHFA)
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- National Restaurant Association (NRA)
- Society for Foodservice Management (SFM)
- American Culinary Federation (ACF)
- International Foodservice Manufacturers Association (IFMA)
- International Code Council, INC (ICC)
- Construction Specifications Institute (CSI)
- Marble Institute of America
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
OUR COMPANY CULTURE
Why is JME Hospitality different from other foodservice design firms? It is actually quite simple, The JME Design Philosophy
Our success in foodservice design is based on the application of creative vision coupled with practical experience. The tenets of our philosophy are:
- Always keep an open and inquiring mind;
- Seek detailed knowledge of the entire project;
- Apply targeted creativity; and
- Follow up constantly during implementation and after completion.
Targeted creativity is the marriage of creative vision and practical experience. Creativity is supported by knowing the basics of good design.
John Egnor and the JME design team take a consultative approach to every aspect of a project. No matter what the project scope – new build, redesign or refresh – or the foodservice segment, JME works to identify and define the client’s desired outcome. This guides every stage from concept to completion.
Experience is by itself an important differentiating factor for JME’s business, but the JME philosophy is the driving force behind the success of every client’s design project. Our philosophy comes from years of experience.
Originally founded as JEM Associates in 1990, the company grew into a broad-based hospitality company. We repositioned the company as JME Hospitality in 2016 to better reflect the scope of the business and expertise of the team. John has more than 45 years of experience in design and construction, while the team has in excess of 150 years of combined industry experience. These experiences have led to the successful completion of more than 4,000 design projects.